The Estate Belkino is a noteworthy monument of Russian architecture of the XVIII century. The estate is located not far from Moscow, on the skirts of the city of Obninsk, Kaluga region.
Belkino village is known since the XVI century, when it belonged to Tsar Boris Godunov. In the 70’s and 80’s of the XVIII century, the estate was owned by a rich nobleman Count Ivan Vorontsov, who created classic architectural ensemble there. It included an extensive park with a large cascade of ponds, manor house with outbuildings, church and park pavilion.
At the beginning of the XIX century, the Estate Belkino belonged to Count Dmitry Buturlin, Director of the Hermitage. Great poet Alexander Pushkin paid him friendly visits there. In 1840 the estate was transferred to Obninsky family. Many well-known figures of the «Silver Age» of Russian culture visited Estate Belkino at the beginning of the XX century – singer Fyodor Chaliapin, composer Nikolai Metner, poet Valery Bryusov, painters Valentin Serov, Isaak Levitan, etc. After the Revolution of 1917, the Estate Belkino stood empty and was abandoned. The park was overgrown with weeds, ponds dried up, all the buildings were ruined. Restoration of the Estate Belkino started in 2002. Several Obninsk businessmen established Аssociation «Estate Belkino» supporting it by providing gratuitous financial aid.
The Аssociation «Estate Belkino» reconstructed manor park with cascading ponds, carried out landscaping activities, restored outbuilding. Manor territory is kept in good order. The outbuilding houses a concert hall, where classical music concerts are given to the public. Currently the restoration of the manor ensemble continues.
Suggest You book a guided tour of the estate on our website.
Аssociation «Estate Belkino»
Сontact telephone (Eng): +7 (910)9185481
Address: Russia, Kaluga region, Obninsk, Borisoglebskaya street, 86-В.